PUERTO PRINCESA CITY, PALAWAN – Headed by Regional Director Joel M. Gonzales, DOLE Palawan Field Office awards a total of P2,056,572.00 to 2 group and 3 individual beneficiaries on October 25, 2019 at Sienatel, Sta Monica.
The day was more remarkable as OIC-USEC Joji V. Aragon of the Workers Protection and Internal Auditing Cluster, Director Adeline De Castro of Planning Service and Ms. Jasmine Angelou Mae Cabebe witnessed and personally handed the grants during the awarding of the following projects:
· Princess Urduja Garment Makers Association (PUGMA) of Brgy. Princess Urduja, Narra, Palawan – Php1,000,000.00 intended for RTW and garment tailoring.
· Sicsican Transport Cooperative of Sicsican of Puerto Princesa City – P996,572.00.00 for vulcanizing and tire supply/welding and auto repair shop/carwash.
· Noli Boy D. Corpuz of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan – refrigerator/freezer (Php20,000.00) as augmentation to his carenderia business;
· Helen M. Hamora of Roxas, Palawan was granted goods (Php19,873.00) for her sari-sari store business;
· Earl Martinez, of a Presidential Management Staff referral, was awarded printers (Php19,999.50) for his printing business.
These livelihood grants were under DOLE Integrated Livelihood and Emergency Employment Program (DILEEP) seek to contribute to poverty reduction and reduce the vulnerability to risks of the working poor, vulnerable and marginalized workers either through emergency employment, and promotion of entrepreneurship and community enterprises.
End/Ma. Socorro U. Marquez